Tuesday, December 22, 2009

SANTA MUST DIE!!!

HA!  Now that I've got your attention, I'll let you know that I don't really believe old St. Nick should die.  He didn't do nothing that constitute such actions.  It was just a ploy to get you to check out my blog, so close to Christmas and all.

Don't go thinking the guy doesn't have a problem though.  Check it!

See, that's what I'm talking about.  Poor guy has a problem too, and you know why? 

Hard.  Economic. Times.

Santa is feeling the crunch as well as millions of people across the country, including yours truly.  It's tough people, but you know what?  I've decided not to let it get me down.  Quite the contrary really.

You see, I'm unemployed, not much income what so ever, with some loving family members that surround me that won't allow myself nor my kids to go without.  But, and I mean but, they won't see the kind of Christmas they've seen in the past.  Strange but true, I'm grateful for this.

See, the kids won't get everything on their list, and may not get anything on the list, but they will 'get'.  They're older, in their teens, so that's some what of a double edged sword.  They aren't so young that I can fake it.  I can't go to the back yard and whittle a pine tree branch down, engrave 'Louisville Slugger' on the side and call it a bat.  On the other hand, they are old enough to know that when they do receive a shiny new piece of wood, they'll know it's not an Iphone.

I want them to know that I'm not the only one struggling, that a life lesson comes from this years Christmas, that they see that there are people on the street, cold and hungry, without family and friends they can turn to.  I want them to know things could be a whole lot worse.

Hopefully they'll see this year that Christmas is about giving rather than receiving.


Besides, I have insider information that is telling me that Santa may be cashing in what's left of his 401K and taking a vacation.


Cheers
and
Merry Christmas All!

RWWells

No comments:

Post a Comment